Our mission is to reach out and serve the world.
We have a rich history of working hand-in-hand with local and global agencies to provide meaningful outreach opportunities and respond to needs.
Along with providing monetary support to agencies, we seek to equip our parishioners to be servant leaders in our city, our nation and our world. We provide opportunities for all ages to serve as the hands and feet of Christ.
Current Needs & Opportunities to Serve
Christ Church 2021 Habitat for Humanity Build
Join our 2021 Habitat Build Virtual Kickoff, on January 26 from 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm, to learn about how to sign up for this year's limited volunteer opportunities, as well as ways to support our builders with snacks, lunch and water. This will be a chance to hear from our site coordinator, Adam Hunter, who will share details of the site, plan and build schedule. We hope you will join, click here to register!
Rama Road Girl Scout Cookies
Calling all Girl Scout cookie lovers! Rama Road Girl Scout troop is selling cookies virtually this year! Please help support these girls by purchasing some cookies. You may email Cristina Warlick at to get your order in! We will send you a very easy link to online purchase starting Jan 16. Delivery will be contactless! Thank you for supporting the girls in Rama Road Girl Scouts.
Episcopal Relief & Development Support
As so much of our country is being ravaged by hurricanes and wildfires, please consider making a donation to Episcopal Relief & Development to support relief efforts. Your gift will provide our partners on the ground with critical supplies, such as food and water, pastoral care and other urgent needs. You’ll also help us assist with the long-term efforts needed to rebuild and heal. Please visit this page to donate.
Updates From Our Partners During the COVID-19 Crisis
We are working to support our outreach partners in the community. Visit this page to find details about what they are doing and how you can help.
There are a few 'hands on' volunteer opportunities for those who are healthy:
- Charlotte Family Housing is looking for a few volunteers to help move some appliances into their storage unit. A truck will be provided. For details contact Josiah Daniels at CFH.
- Loaves and Fishes needs volunteers at mobile food pantry distribution sites and to pack food boxes (you must complete the whole application process, and we encourage you to take your own mask and gloves if you have them)
- Matthew 25 casseroles are continuing and we need cooks! Contact Cristina Warlick or Caroline Stoneman for the easy recipe and further instructions
- Sew facemasks for medical personnel and high risk people. Here's a pattern approved by Atrium Health (the video makes everything a little clearer). Please check with Louise Bonner (our resident expert!) before sewing the masks. If you have any 1/16" or 1/8" elastic to share, please let Louise know. You can get them to Louise or drop them at the church.
- CMS is seeking to raise $4 million dollars to help provide digital access (especially hot spots) for all area students. Donations may be made to the CMS Foundation.
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Housing Partnership is in need of furniture donations for the families that it houses. If you've been cleaning house during COVID-19 and have items to donate, please contact them.
- Charlotte Rescue Mission (New opportunities) 1) CRM is scheduling groups of people to work on exterior facilities projects, with 10 - 20 people needed per project; 2) Dove's Nest is in need of women's winter clothing, especially coats; and 3) volunteers are needed for their meal services. Contact Jeff to find out more or to volunteer.
- Roof Above (formerly Urban Ministries/Men's Shelter of Charlotte) needs volunteers to make and drop off sandwiches. They also can use donations at the facility of laundry detergent, especially Oxiclean. Additionally, they have a wishlist of needed items.
- Rebuilding Together CLT needs volunteers to make critical home repairs to enable people to stay in their own homes.
- Galilee Ministries hosts several non-profits who are working harder than ever to meet the growing needs caused by the pandemic. There are opportunities to augment their food boxes or volunteer to distribute food. Additionally, the Migrant Assistance Project (MAP) needs people to help distribute diapers from their Galilee location.
- Give blood through OneBlood.org or the Red Cross.