Youth Council is a leadership opportunity for high school students to serve the Church community through a variety of ways while deepening their relationship with God and each other. All high school students are invited to apply!
Below are some of the leadership roles Youth Council served this past year:
- Serve on the Youth Commission
- Serve on the Outreach Commission
- Host the All Youth Fall Kick-Off in September
- Participate in all aspects of Youth Sunday
- Assist at church-wide events like Trunk-or-Treat and Parish Day
- Create Lenten devotions for Instagram
- Prayer Partners
- Participate in Life Group and EYC
- Organize Outreach events and activities: Rama Reads - an after school program at Rama Road Elementary School and Feeding Hope Food Drive for Loaves and Fishes
Youth Council has built a close-knit community at our monthly meetings where we share a meal together, have meaningful conversations, and plan our next events. We are grateful for the Youth Council members' active involvement in parish-wide events, with huge thanks to their adult leaders: Steve Garbee, Sylvia Wood, Nancy Poe, and Alice deVries.
Ready to apply? Fill out the Youth Council application here.
If you have any questions about Youth Council, feel free to email Alice deVries at .
Students in grades 9-12 are invited to Life Group on Wednesdays at 7 pm at the home of Alice deVries. We will post the details for High School Life Group on GroupMe.
If your high school student is not currently part of GroupMe, but wants to connect with us, please contact Alice deVries at We will need their name and phone number.