Third Annual Chili Challenge and Silent Auction - March 4
(6:00 - 8:00 PM)
Back again for a third year is our Chili Challenge and Silent Auction for everyone to enjoy! Proceeds from this event benefit the programs of Youth Ministry at Christ Church.
Event highlights include:
- Unlimited chili samplings: Sample beef, chicken and veggie chili from mild to hot.
- A hot dog meal with slaw and chips
- Celebrity judges!
- Silent Auction items including cheer clinics, Panthers and UNC game tickets, a golf day in Linville, original artwork, and so much more!
- Awards to Chili Teams for Showmanship, Judges' Choice and People's Choice.
Bring your family and enjoy the evening in All Saints' Hall.
Doors open at 6:00 PM.
Click here to purchase tickets to attend. If you cannot attend the event, you may instead give a donation to the Youth Ministry area through the Ticket Purchase link.
Chili Entry Team Rules:
- Teams must submit an entry form along with the registration fee of $20 (electronic registration or paper form) to reserve a spot. The deadline to enter your chili is February 25. the $20 fee covers chili entry and team admission to the event.
- The cook-off site will open at 4:00 PM on Sunday, march 5 for registration check-in and set-up. Teams will begin serving chili to judges at 6:00 PM.
- Teams will be assigned a 4' x 4' chili showcase area.
- Teams must consist of 2 - 5 people.
- Each team is responsible for set-up and clean-up of their area.
- All ingredients must come from approved food sources, so it is absolutely safe for public consumption.
- Chili powder and other spices are great additions, but complete commercial chili mixes are not permitted. Thickeners such as corn meal, masa or flour are allowed, as well as canned tomatoes, chipotle and beans. No canned chili is allowed.
- Teams are encouraged to decorate their area and themselves. The best decorated and costumed team will win a fun prize.
- Each team will be assigned a team number by the chief scorekeeper and given a Styrofoam cup with lid for their chili. An official of the cook-off will deliver the chili entries to the judges for a blind taste test.
- Each team will donate its chili for consumption the night of the event. Each team is expected to dispense their chili to the public at 6:00 PM. Bowls, spoons and tickets will be provided by Christ Church. Please make a minimum of 12 quarts OR two crockpots of chili.
- The Awards Presentation will occur at 7:45 PM. Awards that will be presented: people's Choice, Judges' Choice and Showmanship.
- HAVE A GOOD TIME!