Chili Challenge and Silent Auction
Sunday, March 3
6:00 - 8:00 PM, All Saints' Hall
Back again for a fourth year is our Chili Challenge and Silent Auction for everyone to enjoy! Proceeds from this event benefit Youth Ministry programs at Christ Church.
Event highlights include:
- Unlimited chili samplings: Sample beef, chicken, veggie and other chilis from mild to hot.
- A chicken nugget meal for children.
- Celebrity judges!
- Silent Auction items include beach and mountain getaways, restaurant gift certificates, children's birthday parties and more.
- Awards to Chili Teams for Showmanship, Judges' Choice and People's Choice.
Bring your family and enjoy the evening in All Saints' Hall.
Doors open at 6:00 PM.
If you cannot attend the event, please consider making a donation to our Youth Ministry by clicking here.
Chili Entry Team Rules:
- Teams must submit an entry form to reserve a spot. The deadline to enter your chili is February 25.
- The cook-off site will open at 4:00 PM on Sunday, March 3 for registration check-in and set-up. Teams will begin serving chili to judges at 6:00 PM.
- Teams will be assigned a 4' x 4' chili showcase area.
- Teams must consist of 2 - 5 people. You will be asked to note all team members on the registration form.
- Each team is responsible for set-up and clean-up of their area.
- All ingredients must come from approved food sources, so it is absolutely safe for public consumption.
- Chili powder and other spices are great additions, but complete commercial chili mixes are not permitted. Thickeners such as corn meal, masa or flour are allowed, as well as canned tomatoes, chipotle and beans. No canned chili is allowed.
- Teams are encouraged to decorate their area and themselves. The best decorated and costumed team will win a prize.
- Each team will be assigned a team number and given a Styrofoam cup with lid for their chili. An official of the cook-off will deliver the chili entries to the judges for a blind taste test.
- Each team will donate its chili for consumption the night of the event. Each team is expected to dispense their chili to the public at 6:00 PM. Bowls, spoons and tickets will be provided by Christ Church. Please make a minimum of 12 quarts OR two crockpots of chili.
- The Awards Presentation will occur at 7:45 PM. Awards that will be presented: People's Choice, Judges' Choice and Showmanship.
- HAVE A GOOD TIME!