1943 - Store front buildings where Christ Church first met. Due to gas rationing, a satellite Sunday School was started, allowing Episcopalian neighbors to attend church closer to their homes. Parishioners met in two buildings on either side of a drug store, now Providence Road Sundries, that sold ice cream treats to the children after Church.
1946- The Quonset Hut with Chapel attached. Christ Church worshipped in a shelter of its own.
1947 - The first Rector of Christ Church, Matthew George Henry, greeting parishioners after the worship service in the Quonset Hut.
1943 - Charlotte Observer article announcing the arrival of George Henry to Christ Church.
1948 - Inside of Quonset Hut
1943 - George Henry’s sermon, “Prayer,” was bound into a booklet through which prayer became an integral part of Christ Church DNA.